Bappa! Pudhchya varshi lavkar yaa!!
We had a good turn up of 172 people in total for our Ganeshotstav yesterday and we thank you all for adhering to the rules and regulations!
Blessed with beautiful weather and the rest falling well in place, we could conclude the event on a sweet note!
We would like to announce the winners of the Ganesh Idol making competition;
6 – 12 yrs category;
13yrs and above category;
1. Sonali Rabade – 1st prize.
Also, the murti that we had for Aarti, was hand made by our very own Sujata Vandale, a prize winning idol as well.
Before we wrap up, how can we forget to thank and acknowledge our volunteers, these helping hands are a blessing in disguise to the Committee.
And, last but not the least, the Bhole family for their selfless act of sponsoring scrumptious prasad each year, for all to relish. – A Big Thank You!
Ganeshotsav 2020 – Photos
This year’s celebration will be held outdoors at Uriarra East Reserve keeping in mind the social distancing norms.
Given the current situation this will be strictly a 2-hour event, The Event will be held in 2 separate time slots to accommodate everyone.
- The 1st time slot will be 10:30am to 12:30pm, Arti will be performed at 11:00 am followed by Prasad Distribution.
- The 2nd slot will be at 1:30pm – 3:30pm if required, Arti will be performed at 02:00 pm followed by Prasad Distribution.
Though this will be a catered event, food & Prasad will be pre-packed for all to take it home to eat. On this occasion we will not allow people to stay at the venue and consume the Prasad.
Also, to minimise food handling directly and maintain social distancing, we request all attendees to not bring food for Naivedyam and further for distribution amongst all present as Prasad.
The committee will be providing hand sanitisers at the venue.
A couple of important rules to be followed under the new-normal circumstances and in the best interest of our wider community:
Please refrain from attending if:
- you have travelled to and from any of the hotspots interstate within the 14 day period of the event.
- you are unwell.
Please ensure to take all necessary precautions to avoid any inconvenience to yourself as well as others.
Important points for consideration:
- All the above is subject to current conditions and as per current rules and regulations set by ACT government. In case of change of circumstances, the committee will cancel the event and notify all via email and WhatsApp to get the message across.
- We have approached Access Canberra for seeking a formal permission to conduct this event and the approval is expected shortly. In case of an unfavourable outcome, we won’t be in a position to go ahead with the event. Updates and details will be sent out in a timely manner.
Will look forward to seeing you there !Ganapati Bappa Morya!!
PS: Please notify us at the earliest, in case you decide to not attend this event under any unavoidable circumstances.